As a reminder, in 2017 the NEREN Board of Directors made a change to the rule that requires new listings be available to be shown upon entry into the MLS database. The reason for this change is that the requirement to show a property has been the only barrier keeping certain listings from being entered into the MLS. Examples include when a member signs a listing agreement on a property that is having work done and cannot show the property until the work is complete, or has written authorization from the seller to market the property for a period of time in advance of showings.
In these situations members could not enter the property because our rules require that the property be available to be shown upon submission to the NEREN database. Thus by modifying our showing requirement, additional listings will qualify for entry into NEREN, thus increasing the NEREN compilation, and NEREN’s relevance and value to its members.
This rule reads as follows:
Section 2.10 Availability of Listings
Listing brokers shall not misrepresent the availability of access to show or inspect the listed property, and if first showings are delayed (beyond 48 hours of initial listing input), the listing brokers shall indicate the date showings can begin in the designated input field, as well as make a notation of the showings start date into the public remarks field. Then beginning on the date specified and continuing thereafter, the listing shall be available to be shown to all buyers/lessees for so long as the listing remains in an “Active” or “Active Under Contract” status. If a property is temporarily unavailable to be shown to buyers/lessees due to personal reasons of the seller/lessor it shall not be shown to any buyers/lessees during that period of temporary unavailability.
- A new field was added into listing maintenance called: “Delayed Showings”. This field with available selections of Yes or No will is non-mandatory and defaulted to No. Thus, for listings that will not have a delayed showing, the system experience for you is the same as it has been. Meaning that you do not have to do anything different unless you decide to enter a delayed showing start date.
- If Yes is selected, then entry of a conditionally mandatory “Date – Showings Begin” field is required.
- Notation of the showing start date must also be indicated in the public remarks field.
- Once the Date – Showings Begin field is complete and the listing saved, the date can be changed by contacting NEREN staff.
- These fields are included in all public data feeds, on the MLS public website neren.com and on the following Paragon reports and views so far: *Agent Full, *Cust Full, Agent 2 PG Resi, Cust 2 PG Resi, Agnt 1 PG Classic, Collaboration Center (contact portal), Agent 2UP, Agent 1PG Classic Add, Agent 1PG Template.
Please email email@example.com with any questions.
Based on member feedback, the following enhancements have been made to the Paragon system during the month of March 2018:
- Google Maps has replaced Bing Maps in Paragon and the Collaboration Center bringing a more up-to-date map throughout the system in addition to all Google mapping features, including Street View (depending on your area).
- Users are now able to select a group of listings and report views to attached to an email as a single PDF file (up to 20 pages).
- Reminder on Partial Listings: To ensure data accuracy users will now receive a warning to remind you to review the Date – MLS List and Date – Expiration when making a partial listing into an active listing.
- When saving a listing users may encounter Errors and/or Warnings when the system detects additional information is needed. Now, a pop-up will display to call attention to the often overlooked error grid at the bottom of the screen.
- Address Overlay: The address fields (Street Number, Street Name & Street Type) now have a field mask overlay to identify the information that is to be placed in those fields.
- Agent Photo: When an agent has a photo uploaded to their profile, the photo will now display with the Agent’s information when their name is clicked on from a report view or searched via the Membership Roster.
- A new field, “Continue to Show” has been added to Listing Input/Maintenance. When a status of “Active Under Contract” is selected, this new field will become conditionally required. If a selection of “No” is made, an error will be displayed upon saving the listing reminding you that if a property is under agreement and the seller does not wish to continue showings, the correct status is “Pending”.
- A new field, “List Contract in Effect” has been added to Listing Input/Maintenance. When a status of “Terminated” or “Withdrawn” is selected, this new field will become conditionally required.
- New selections of “Text List Agent” and “Text Co-List” agent have been added to the “Showing Instructions” field in all property classes.
- The selection of “Daily” has been removed from the Rental Amount Frequency fields in the Rental property class.
- The following selections have been added to the “Street Type” field in all Property Classes:
Based on member feedback, the following enhancements have been made to the Paragon system during the month of February 2018:
1. Added the following selections to the Street Type field in all Property Classes: Brae & Common
2. Increased the field length of the “Plan Survey Number” from 10 characters to 20 characters.
3. In the Rental Property Class, the following fields are no longer required: SqFt – Unfinished Above Grade, SqFt – Unfinished Below Grade, Roof, Construction and Road Frontage
4. Updated the spelling of the selection of “Non-Toxic Pet Control” to “Non-Toxic Pest Control” in the Equipment field in all Property Classes.
5. In all Property Classes the “Contingencies” field will no longer be required.
6. Removed the selection of “Accushow” from the Showing Service field in all Property Classes
7. Added “Centralized Showing Service” to the Showing Service field in all Property Classes
8. Added “Centralized Showing Service” to the Showing Instructions field in all Property Classes
9. Added “Centralized Showing Service” icon to the Action Items on Spreadsheet views and to the “Schedule a Showing” icon on listing reports for those members who have a relationship with that vendor and have selected “Centralized Showing Service” under the “Showing Service” field.
Based on member feedback, the following enhancements have been made to the Paragon system during the month of January 2018:
Listing Input Forms have all been updated to reflect Paragon enhancements through the month of January! These can be found within Paragon under “MLS Documents”.
- A selection of “Solar PV – Seller Owned” has been added to the “Electric” field in the Land Property Class.
- The following selections have been added to the “Fetures – Interior” field in the Residential and Rental Property Classes:
- Coin Laundry
- Common Heating/Cooling
- The following selections have been added to the “Features – Exterior” field in the Residential, Rental and Multi-Family Property Classes:
- Beach Access
- Boat Launch
- Dry Dock
- A new field, “Association Amenities” has been added to the Residential, Rental, Land and Multi-Family Property Classes and has the following selections:
- Basketball Court
- Beach Access
- Beach RIghts
- Boat Launch
- Boat Mooring
- Boat Slip/Dock
- Building Maintenance
- Club House
- Coin Laundry
- Common Acerage
- Common Heating/Cooling
- Day Berth
- Day Dock
- Dry Berth
- Dry Dock
- Exercise Facility
- Golf Course
- Hot Tub
- Management Plan
- Master Insurance
- Pool – Above Ground
- Pool – In-Ground
- Pool – Indoor
- Recreation Facility
- RV Parking
- Snow Removal
- Storage – Indoor
- Tennis Court
- Trash Removal
- The “Amenities” field has been removed from the database and the data from that field have been transferred to the appropriate selections in the Association Amenities, Features – Interior, Features – Exterior, Lot Description and Utilities field.
We are pleased to announce the release of Showing Time Basic, a free showing service that may be used by NEREN members to set up showings directly from within Paragon.
To begin using Showing Time Basic on your listings, update the “Showing Service” field located under the “Occupant/Showing Information” section in Listing Input Maintenance to “Showing Time”:
Once Showing Time has been selected and saved on the listing, the Showing Time icon will be visible within minutes on the listing in two locations:
Under the Action Icons on a Spreadsheet View:
As well as just under the photo on the Listing Reports:
To schedule a showing, simply click the “S” or “Request Showing” button and a pop-up will appear which will allow the request to be made. Upon hitting “Send Request”, an email will be sent to the Listing Agent.
The Listing Agent will receive an email like the one below and will have the ability to reply directly back to the member who submitted the request. (Please note, the email is originated from “firstname.lastname@example.org” so be sure to add this to your list of safe senders).
For members who may have an established (paid) relationship with Showing Time, and are utilizing the full version of this product, there will be no changes to your Showing Time experience.
Based on member feedback, the following enhancements have been made to the Paragon system during the month of November, 2017:
1. Added the following selections to “Electric” under the Land Property Class:
• Energy Storage Device
• Net Meter
• Solar PV Third Party Owned
• Wind Turbine Seller Owned
• Wind Turbine Third Party Owned
2. Removed the following selections from the “Electric” field for the Residential, Commercial Sale, Commercial Lease, Multi Family & Rental Property Classes (Please use the selections in “Electric” and “Power Production”. Data was mapped accordingly.):
• Solar PV
• Solar PV Ground Mount
• Solar PV – Roof Mount
3. Additional selections added to the County, City, Village/District/Locale, School – District, School – High, School – Jr. High/Middle & School – Elementary fields; all representing options available in the State of Connecticut.
4. New Listing Report view: Admin 1PG: This report is available in all property classes, constructed with the general office admin in mind. It is very similar to the 1PG G2 reports, but has a different “Prepared By” in order to highlight the office not the member printing the report. This allows for collective printing by any office staff member. This report can all be found in the “Details” section under the “Reports” drop-down.