The following changes and enhancements were made in the Paragon system this month:
- Designated/Appointed Agency is now a required field in Listing Maintenance. This field was added to protect our members who share confidential information on behalf of their clients, and to make sure this information is getting to the correct source for all transactions. Because some of our brokers practice in multiple states, some of their listings could be subject to Designated/Appointed Agency regulations while other listings are not. For this reason, it was not possible to enable a broker/office level switch. This field can be found in listing maintenance at the agent level.
- ‘3.5’ was added to the Stories field all property classes.
- The short description for Price Per Square Foot Finished Above Grade field was changed to ‘$/SqFtFnAG’.
- As of September 5, 2018, the Co-list Agent field within Paragon now receives 50% credit! This is an optional field within the system.
- Any previous entry in the Co-list Agent field was moved to a new field called ‘Alternate Contact‘ because this field does not receive credit. This is an optional field within the system.
- Original List Agent has been removed from the system as this was a legacy InnoVia field. Any listing where it was able to be systematically identified that had a change post-closing, have been updated to reflect the Listing Agent at the time of closing to provide proper credit and to be consistent with how Paragon handles closed listings.
- Original Selling Agent has been removed from the system so statistical reports will reflect accurately.
If upon reviewing your listings you feel that there is a data inaccuracy, please contact email@example.com.
The *Agent Full and *Customer Full reports have been updated to include several new fields recently approved by the NEREN Board of Directors. These enhancements include:
- The existing memo field which has been called “Co-List Agent” in the system will be renamed to “Alternate Contact.”
- A new Co-List Agent field will become available and going forward will provide the ability for Co-List Agents to receive 50% credit on statistical reports together with the List Agent. Use of both of these fields (Alternate Contact and Co-List Agent) is optional.
- Designated Agency: This field will indicate if an office practices Designated or Appointed Agency.
- List Team and Sell Team: With the activation of the new team functionality in Paragon, the display of both List Team and Sell Team information is now included.
The following enhancements were made available within Paragon this month:
- The “SqFt – Total Building” field in the Commercial Sale Property Class is now required.
- The “SqFt – Total Available” in the Commercial Lease Property Class is now required.
- A new selection “Tenant at Will” has been added to the “Lease Type” field in the Commercial Lease Property Class.
- A new selection of “Uncooperative Occupant” has been added to the “Showing Instructions” field in all Property Classes.
- A new selection of “Generator – Portable” has been added to the “Equipment” field in the Residential and Commercial Sale Property Classes.
- A new selection of “Generator – Standby” has been added to the “Equipment” field in the Residential and Commercial Sale Property Classes.
- A selection of “Unknown” has been added to the “Water Restrictions” field in all Property Classes.
- The selection of “Brook” in the “Water Body Type” field has been changed to “Brook/Stream” in all Property Classes.
- A new mandatory field of Designated/Apptd. Agency has been added to Listing Maintenance.
- The photo size on the Spreadsheet view has been increased in size.
The following enhancements were made available within Paragon this month:
The NEREN MLS is now accepting listings in seven states! New York border Counties and Cities have been recently added to the database.
We are pleased to introduce Seller Activity via the Collaboration Center in Paragon!
The Collaboration Center in Paragon is under “Contacts” and is where you set up your Buyer contacts to receive auto-emails for listings that match their search criteria. This has been enhanced to now allow you to set up your seller.
Agents can see statistics on their listings in Paragon (how many times it’s been viewed in Paragon, viewed in the Collaboration Center, shared via email etc.) which can then be printed and shared with a seller. The new Seller Activity feature is linking a seller contact to the listing so they can easily view the same data themselves and get updates emailed to them without the listing agent having to provide this information.
To learn more about Seller Activity, and how to set up your sellers, we have created a YouTube tutorial that is available here. There are also two PDF documents available in the Member Portal under “Tips & Tricks”, as follows:
Seller Activity in the Collaboration Center (how to set up and use)
Seller Activity Competition Tab (explains criteria used to provide comps)
Based on member feedback, the following enhancements have been made to the Paragon system during the month of May 2018:
- New field: “Condo” – in the Residential Property Class, conditionally required when the Property Type = Single Family with selections of Yes or No. This will allow users to exclude Condo listings from appearing in their single-family searches.
- New Field: “Mobile Home” – in the Residential Property Class, conditionally required when the Property Type = Single Family with selections of Yes or No. This will allow users to exclude Mobile Home listings from appearing in their single-family searches.
- New Field: “Rehab Needed” – in the Residential Property Class, not required with selections of Null, Yes and No.
- Mapping Update: Users will now receive an error message if they fail to manually move the pin on the map in the “Mapping” field in Listing Maintenance. Requiring manual movement of the pin on the map ensures the Latitude/Longitude coordinates of the property are successfully populated.
- Reorder Results on Google Map Report: Users can now reorder the properties they have selected by dragging and dropping into their preferred order directly in the “Google Map Report” instead of having to go back to Spreadsheet results to reorder. This allows for a better experience when creating driving directions from the Google Map Report.
- Associated Documents in the Collaboration Center: Associated Documents, if set to “Public”, will now be available for view by clients/customers who are viewing listings in the Collaboration Center.
- Photo Size Changes: a new minimum photo size requirement has been implemented to prevent uploading of photos that are too small, alleviating accidental upload of thumbnail size photos. The new requirement is 640 pixels wide by 480 pixels high minimum, as well as a recommended 1280 x 960 “landscape” resolution to ensure a “portrait” oriented image will still meet the minimum, even if the original image is cropped slightly before uploading.
- Added “Remove Shoes” to the “Showing Instructions” field in the following Property Classes: Residential, Rental, Multi-Family, Commericial Sale and Commercial Lease.
- Added “Firewood” to the “Fee Includes”, “Fee 2 Includes” and “Fee 3 Includes” fields in the following Property Classes: Residential, Rental, Land, Multi-Family and Boat Facility.
- Added “Pool – Heated” and “Locker Rooms” to the “Association Amenities” field in the following Property Classes: Residential, Rental, Land and Multi-Family.
Based on member feedback, the following enhancements have been made to the Paragon system during the month of April 2018:
- Added the following selections to the “Heating” field in all Property Classes except Land:
- Furnace – Pellet
- Furnace – Wood
- Furnace – Wood/Oil Combination
- Added “Trace” as a selection to the “Street Type” field in all Property Classes.
- Added “Privately Maintained” to the “Roads” field in all Property Classes.
- Added “Internet” to the “Fee Includes”, “Fee 2 Includes” and “Fee 3 Includes” fields in the Residential, Land, Multi-Family, Rental and Boat Facility Classes.
- An update was made to the configuration on Statistical Reports to use the value in the “Board ID” field for a member record as opposed to an office record. This configuration change will allow those utilizing statistical reports, such as “Agent Ranking in MLS” to see only those members associated with a Board in their results when using “Board ID” as a filter.
As a reminder, in 2017 the NEREN Board of Directors made a change to the rule that requires new listings be available to be shown upon entry into the MLS database. The reason for this change is that the requirement to show a property has been the only barrier keeping certain listings from being entered into the MLS. Examples include when a member signs a listing agreement on a property that is having work done and cannot show the property until the work is complete, or has written authorization from the seller to market the property for a period of time in advance of showings.
In these situations members could not enter the property because our rules require that the property be available to be shown upon submission to the NEREN database. Thus by modifying our showing requirement, additional listings will qualify for entry into NEREN, thus increasing the NEREN compilation, and NEREN’s relevance and value to its members.
This rule reads as follows:
Section 2.10 Availability of Listings
Listing brokers shall not misrepresent the availability of access to show or inspect the listed property, and if first showings are delayed (beyond 48 hours of initial listing input), the listing brokers shall indicate the date showings can begin in the designated input field, as well as make a notation of the showings start date into the public remarks field. Then beginning on the date specified and continuing thereafter, the listing shall be available to be shown to all buyers/lessees for so long as the listing remains in an “Active” or “Active Under Contract” status. If a property is temporarily unavailable to be shown to buyers/lessees due to personal reasons of the seller/lessor it shall not be shown to any buyers/lessees during that period of temporary unavailability.
- A new field was added into listing maintenance called: “Delayed Showings”. This field with available selections of Yes or No will is non-mandatory and defaulted to No. Thus, for listings that will not have a delayed showing, the system experience for you is the same as it has been. Meaning that you do not have to do anything different unless you decide to enter a delayed showing start date.
- If Yes is selected, then entry of a conditionally mandatory “Date – Showings Begin” field is required.
- Notation of the showing start date must also be indicated in the public remarks field.
- Once the Date – Showings Begin field is complete and the listing saved, the date can be changed by contacting NEREN staff.
- These fields are included in all public data feeds, on the MLS public website neren.com and on the following Paragon reports and views so far: *Agent Full, *Cust Full, Agent 2 PG Resi, Cust 2 PG Resi, Agnt 1 PG Classic, Collaboration Center (contact portal), Agent 2UP, Agent 1PG Classic Add, Agent 1PG Template.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Based on member feedback, the following enhancements have been made to the Paragon system during the month of March 2018:
- Google Maps has replaced Bing Maps in Paragon and the Collaboration Center bringing a more up-to-date map throughout the system in addition to all Google mapping features, including Street View (depending on your area).
- Users are now able to select a group of listings and report views to attached to an email as a single PDF file (up to 20 pages).
- Reminder on Partial Listings: To ensure data accuracy users will now receive a warning to remind you to review the Date – MLS List and Date – Expiration when making a partial listing into an active listing.
- When saving a listing users may encounter Errors and/or Warnings when the system detects additional information is needed. Now, a pop-up will display to call attention to the often overlooked error grid at the bottom of the screen.
- Address Overlay: The address fields (Street Number, Street Name & Street Type) now have a field mask overlay to identify the information that is to be placed in those fields.
- Agent Photo: When an agent has a photo uploaded to their profile, the photo will now display with the Agent’s information when their name is clicked on from a report view or searched via the Membership Roster.
- A new field, “Continue to Show” has been added to Listing Input/Maintenance. When a status of “Active Under Contract” is selected, this new field will become conditionally required. If a selection of “No” is made, an error will be displayed upon saving the listing reminding you that if a property is under agreement and the seller does not wish to continue showings, the correct status is “Pending”.
- A new field, “List Contract in Effect” has been added to Listing Input/Maintenance. When a status of “Terminated” or “Withdrawn” is selected, this new field will become conditionally required.
- New selections of “Text List Agent” and “Text Co-List” agent have been added to the “Showing Instructions” field in all property classes.
- The selection of “Daily” has been removed from the Rental Amount Frequency fields in the Rental property class.
- The following selections have been added to the “Street Type” field in all Property Classes: